G3.P2 Affordable Housing Controls and Targets
- Advocate to state government for the implementation of new affordable housing planning controls and targets, including "opt-in" Inclusionary Zoning Amendments to the Victorian Planning Provisions to enable local government to amend planning schemes to establish a mandatory inclusionary zoning scheme (on an IMAP basis).
- Stage 1: COMPLETED. Refer to Action 5.2 here
- Stage 2: CURRENT: See below for reports on this project
Committee Meeting 30 November 2018
Committee Meeting 29 November 2019
Enabling Community Land Trusts in Australia - see below
Progress reports from prior to June 2016 can be found here under Action 5.2.
Community Land Trusts
The University of Western Sydney has, in collaboration with the IMAP Councils and other partners, undertaken research into the establishment of Community Land Trusts (CLT's) in Australia.
The work is available in two volumes:
(1) The Australian Community Land Trust Manual (Feb 2013); and
(2) Enabling Community Land Trusts in Australia (published 2019).
Details on accessing these works can be found below.
(1) The Australian Community Land Trust Manual (Feb 2013) is online and openly accessible as a readable ebook at:
You can read it online via that link, or download it.
To download after going to that link, you will need to:
1) Click on "sign in" at the top right of the page.
2) Click on "Create an account".
3) Create an access account using your email address (or facebook account if you really want to).
That will then give you a range of download options in a pop up window. At the moment there is a page or time limit on the download, but we're getting that sorted.
Alternatively, you can view the publication at the following link. This extensive report is in pdf. file format and over 240 pages.
(2) Enabling Community Land Trusts in Australia (2019) is available in book form from Arena Publications. Alternatively you can view the publication at the following link.
This extensive report is in pdf.file format and is 333 pages.