The Cities of Melbourne, Port Phillip, Stonnington, Yarra and Maribyrnong have each set up identically constituted section 86 Special Committees, in accordance with the Local Government Act 1989, to provide a coordinated decision-making process to facilitate the implementation of the Inner Melbourne Action Plan as adopted by member Councils in December 2005 (updated in 2013 with the inclusion of Maribyrnong City Council).
The IMAP Implementation Committee consists of:
- Cr Nicholas Reece, Chair Future Melbourne (Planning) Committee, City of Melbourne
- Cr Dick Gross, Mayor, City of Port Phillip
- Cr Steven Stefanopoulos, Mayor, City of Stonnington
- Cr Danae Bosler, Mayor, City of Yarra
- Cr Martin Zakharov, Mayor, City of Maribyrnong
- Mr Peter Smith, Chief Executive Officer, City of Port Phillip
- Ms Jacqui Weatherill, Chief Executive Officer, City of Stonnington
- Ms Vijaya Vaidyanath, Chief Executive Officer, City of Yarra
- Mr Stephen Wall, Chief Executive Officer, City of Maribyrnong
- Ms Claire Ferres-Miles, Director City Strategy and Place, City of Melbourne
The Terms of Reference provides that representatives from:
- Department of Jobs, Precincts & Regions (DJPR);
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP);
- Department of Transport (DoT) and VicRoads; and
- Victorian Planning Authority
are considered Associate Partners and are invited to attend the IMAP Implementation Committee meetings.
Representatives from the Maribyrnong City Council joined the Committee as Associate Partners from July 2011 and became full members of the IMAP Implementation Committee from 1 July 2013.
In addition to the IMAP Implementation Committee meetings held on a quarterly basis, leadership is provided through a senior Executive Forum, held bi-annually or as required.
Day to day administration, coordination and project management is undertaken by the IMAP Executive Officer. This position was initially rotated annually across the 4 original IMAP Councils. However, from 2009 the City of Stonnington has taken up the role of 'Host' Council.
This page was last updated on 12/8/2019