By an Instrument of Delegation (s11(1) of the Local Government Act 2020), the Cities of Melbourne, Port Phillip, Stonnington, Yarra and Maribyrnong have each set up identically constituted Joint Delegated Committees, in accordance with the Local Government Act 2020, to provide a coordinated decision-making process to facilitate the implementation of the Inner Melbourne Action Plan 2016-2026 as adopted by member Councils in June 2016.
The IMAP Implementation Committee consists of:
- Cr Nicholas Reece, Chair Future Melbourne (Planning) Committee, City of Melbourne
- Cr Bernadene Voss, Mayor, City of Port Phillip
- Cr Steven Stefanopoulos, Mayor, City of Stonnington
- Cr Misha Coleman, Mayor, City of Yarra
- Cr Sarah Carter, Mayor, City of Maribyrnong
- Mr Peter Smith, Chief Executive Officer, City of Port Phillip
- Ms Jacqui Weatherill, Chief Executive Officer, City of Stonnington
- Ms Vijaya Vaidyanath, Chief Executive Officer, City of Yarra
- Mr Stephen Wall, Chief Executive Officer, City of Maribyrnong
- Mr Justin Hanney, Chief Executive Officer, City of Melbourne
The Terms of Reference provides that representatives from:
- Department of Jobs, Precincts & Regions (DJPR);
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP);
- Department of Transport (DoT); and
- Victorian Planning Authority
are considered Associate Partners and are invited to attend the IMAP Implementation Committee meetings.
In addition to the IMAP Implementation Committee meetings held on a quarterly basis, leadership is provided through a senior Executive Forum, held bi-annually or as required.
Day to day administration, coordination and project management is undertaken by the IMAP Executive Officer. This position was initially rotated annually across the 4 original IMAP Councils. However, from 2009 the City of Stonnington has taken up the role of 'Host' Council.
This page was last updated on 22 September 2020.