Action 9.2 Environmental Sustainable Design (ESD) Factsheets
The IMAP Councils have developed a factsheet suite that details the 10 Key Sustainable Building Categories and supports Council's SDAPP (Sustainable Design Assessment in the Planning Process) program. Be it for a small renovation or a large development - the factsheets provide detailed advice on sustainable building design at the planning permit application stage.
Furthermore, each factsheet includes useful links and references and defines Council's Best Practice Standard in each category.
We encourage you to download individual factsheets or the entire suite (Files are in pdf. format). Alternatively you can pick up a hard copy set at one of the IMAP Councils (while stocks last).
The 10 Key Sustainable Building Categories
1. Indoor Environment Quality.pdf (582KB)
2. Energy Efficiency.pdf (567KB)
3. Water Efficiency.pdf (555KB)
4. Stormwater Management.pdf (928KB)
5. Building Materials.pdf (619KB)
6. Transport.pdf (830KB)
7. Waste Management.pdf (637KB)
8. Urban Ecology.pdf (900KB)
9. Innovation.pdf (545KB)
10. Construction and Building Management.pdf (436KB)
The fact sheets above have all been combined into the following file:
You can find out more information on the City of Yarra's website by following this link: